Immigrate to Austria from UK - Legal Advice for British Citizens
Immigrate to Austria from UKUpdated on Tuesday 07th March 2023
Rate this article
based on 1 reviews
based on 1 reviews
Even if the UK has left the European Union, the citizens of this country can relocate to Austria, if they take into account the formalities imposed by the authorities. If entry into Austria is made without a visa for 90 days, things change if the stay is extended. We invite you to discover some useful information about how to immigrate to Austria from UK, with the help of our Austrian lawyers.
Relocation formalities in Austria for British citizens
As we mentioned at the beginning, British citizens do not need a visa for Austria if they want to live here for 3 months. Considered third-country nationals due to Brexit, British citizens must comply with visa and residence formalities if they intend to stay in Austria for more than just 3 months. Here's what you should know in this case:
- To apply for an Austrian Schengen Visa you need to fill in a standard form, with details about identity, origin, etc.
- The passport must not be older than 10 years. It should be valid for at least 3 months before departure.
- Schengen Travel Insurance must have coverage of at least EUR 30,000.
- The marriage certificate must be presented as part of the Austrian visa application.
- Details about accommodation in Austria will be requested by the authorities, as well as information about financial means to cover the period of stay in Austria.
- In the case of Britons who have accepted a job in Austria, they must provide an employment contract.
- In the case of British citizens who want to relocate to Austria for retirement, they must provide some pension statements for the last 6 months.
If you want to move to Austria from UK and need a visa, feel free to get in touch with our Austrian lawyers and find out all the legal requirements. We are here to help you relocate to Austria in a fast and reliable manner.
Austrian residence permits for UK citizens
Red-White-Red Card is the residence permit that can be obtained for the whole family who wants to live in Austria. Holders of this type of permit can also accept jobs in Austria, according to the qualifications and offers on the labor market. In addition to a valid passport and medical insurance, applicants must prepare legalized copies of the birth certificate, as well as proof that they have paid the fees for this type of document. You can learn more about residence permits in Austria but also about how to move to Austria from our experienced lawyers on immigration issues.
Company relocation to Austria from UK
Company owners who want to move their business from the UK to Austria must consider relocation formalities and the local procedures if they want to immigrate to Austria. Among these, it is necessary that the activities in the country of origin be suspended until the move itself takes place. In this regard, a statement will be required according to which both the shareholders and the administrators of the respective company have to agree on the move of the company from UK to Austria. Furthermore, the contracts with the suppliers of the respective company will be concluded, but also the credit loans, if they exist. The directors of the British company have the duty to notify the Trade Register regarding the relocation to Austria.
Regarding the relocation of the company to Austria, it is necessary to analyze the formalities regarding its registration in this country, with the help of the relevant authorities. The necessary documents will be drawn up, including those for setting up the company on the territory of Austria. If you want more about how to relocate to Austria from UK as a company owner, feel free to discuss the legal issues with our lawyers.
Here are some statistics about the Austrian economy, helpful for the British who want to open a business in this country:
- Austria was ranked 27th out of 190 world economies in terms of business conditions and climate by the 2020 Doing Business report.
- More than 50% of the total FDI in Austria comes from countries such as the US, Germany, and Russia.
- About 51% of total foreign investment in Austria was absorbed by the professional, scientific and technical service activities sector.
- Germany is Austria's largest investor, with over 30% of total foreign direct investment in 2020.
Working with our Austrian immigration lawyers
If you want to immigrate to Austria from UK it is recommended to consider specialized help from our Austrian lawyers. They have experience in immigration issues and can offer you full legal advice to obtain the necessary visas, residence permits, and even citizenship where applicable. We treat each case with attention and professionalism in order to offer the best solutions for our clients.
Interested in residency in Austria? Our specialists will help you from a legal point of view and offer you support in preparing the necessary documents. The formalities can be explained in detail by our specialists if you are interested in temporary residence permits for study, work, family reunification, or medical treatments. Such a residence permit can be issued in approximately 3 months, but for all legal aspects, we invite you to contact our experienced immigration specialists.
So, if you want to move to Austria from UK, do not hesitate to contact our law firm in Austria and find out complete information about our legal services. We can also offer detailed information about how to immigrate to Austria.