Immigrate to Austria from US - We Offer Legal Counseling
Immigrate to Austria from USAUpdated on Friday 03rd December 2021
Rate this article
based on 2 reviews
based on 2 reviews
US citizens who want to relocate to Austria for a while can do so without the need for a visa. In this sense, the stay will not have to exceed 90 days, without a visa, in a period of 180 days. However, there is an obligation to obtain an Austrian visa for stays of more than 3 months, but all legal aspects can be explained by our team of lawyers in Austria. They can deal with how to relocate to Austria and formalities for US citizens.
Categories of American citizens for whom an Austrian Visa is required
If you want to move to Austria from US it is important to consider the formalities imposed by the authorities. For example, foreigners living in the US and originating from countries that do not have a visa-free agreement with the EU must apply for an Austrian visa. The same is the case of citizens living in the US and who come from countries with a visa-free agreement with the EU, but which had restrictions on entering the Schengen Area at a certain time. US Green Card Holders must also apply for an Austrian visa if their country of origin does not have an agreement with the EU regarding the visa-free regime.
Regarding the issuance documents of Austrian Visa, we mention a US residence permit, valid passport travel with two full blank pages, proof of accommodation, a cover letter mentioning the reasons for visiting Austria. Our lawyers are at your disposal with legal advice if you want to immigrate to Austria from US.
Details about how to immigrate to Austria - Required visa
If you want to move to Austria from US you must have in view the formalities related to obtaining a visa and a residence permit. As Austria is part of the Schengen Area, the benefits are multiple and highly appreciated. Here's how to get an Austrian Schengen Visa:
- US citizens must complete a standard form provided by the Austrian authorities. It must contain complete details about the applicant.
- The passport must be valid for at least 3 months before relocation to Austria.
- Immigration authorities in Austria require a Schengen Travel Insurance with a coverage of at least EUR 30,000.
- The marriage certificate will be required to prove marital status. If you also apply for children, their birth certificates are needed.
- Applicants must prove accommodation in Austria.
- Information will be requested on the financial means that should cover the entire stay in Austria.
- If American citizens have accepted a job in Austria, they will have to present an employment contract. You can learn more about how to relocate to Austria from our experienced immigration lawyers.
These are some of the formalities for obtaining an Austrian visa if you are interested in how to immigrate to Austria from US. Our Austrian lawyers have experience in this field and can help you with simplifying formalities and specialized help for immigration issues.
How to obtain a residence permit in Austria as an American citizen
Requirements for obtaining a residence permit include proof of income and accommodation in Austria, health insurance, and proof that there are no legal impediments for an American citizen to relocate to Austria. There are 3 types of residence permits in Austria and Americans can opt for:
- Red-White-Red Card that acts as a work and residence permit, valid for two years.
- Red-White-Red Card Plus which is the upgraded version for Red-White-Red Card and which allows foreigners to accept different jobs in Austria. This residence permit is valid for two years.
Families wishing to immigrate to Austria from the US must apply for the respective residence permit, which is valid for one year. This document allows access to jobs valid on the Austrian market. Please get in touch with our lawyers in Austria for more information on how to apply for a residence permit in Austria.
Here is some information and statistics about American citizens living in Austria, but also about the population of this country:
- There are already over 8,500 US citizens registered in Austria.
- Vienna is the city with the most American citizens living here, around 4,400.
- Austria's population is over 9 million, the equivalent of 0.12% of the world's population.
Interested in how to immigrate to Austria from US? We invite you to discuss all legal issues with our lawyers, by contacting them via the email or phone. You can find out more about our legal services from our law firm in Austria.