Land Registry in Austria

Land Registry in Austria

Updated on Monday 26th December 2022

Rate this article

based on 1 reviews

Land-Registry-in-Austria.jpgThe Land Registry in Austria can be accessed in order to gain information about existing properties, their owners, and the performed property transactions. The archive can be consulted via an online portal and fees apply for consulting certain documents.
Our lawyers in Austria can answer your questions about obtaining a land registry extract, registration with the local authorities and the conclusion of sale/purchase agreements for a property.

Searching the Austrian land registry

Individuals can obtain information about the cadastre such as the number, site, area or coverage, boundaries of a certain parcel of land. This information is available with the Cadastral Office while information about the legal ownership of the land, such as its owners, mortgages, rights, etc. is available with the Land Register. Cadastre and land registry information can be accessed online in Austria.
An extract from the real estate database will contain both cadastre data and land registry data. Only a licensed surveyor may perform the evaluation of a parcel of land. 
The Austrian Land Registry receives the applications to register or transfer a property and these can be submitted electronically.  A fee is payable upon application. 

Registration with the Austrian land registry

When a property/land is transferred or purchased, it is registered in the Land Register. The following data needs to be provided when submitting the application for registration: the exact details of the land/property, the applicant’s personal identification details and data about his domicile.
Buying or selling land can be accomplished with the help of a lawyer in Austria. If the owner wishes to do so, he can conclude a special power of attorney, granting his rights for any needed tasks and actions with the Land Registry, the buyers/sellers, and other authorities. 
Immigration to Austria enters the attention of our specialists who can deal with the formalities imposed in this regard. For example, if you want to live in this country for more than 3 months, you need to apply for a residence permit, whether you come from EU or non-EU member countries. Our lawyers can prepare the necessary documents for you to benefit from a process without complexity.
For more information on purchasing property for locals and non-residents please contact our law firm in Austria.