How to Get Citizenship in Austria - Updated for 2022
Citizenship in AustriaUpdated on Tuesday 09th August 2022
based on 2 reviews
|Nationalities accepted (EU/Non-EU)|| |
Both EU and non-EU
Business investment option (YES/NO)
|Real estate investment option (YES/NO)|| |
|Other investment options (if available)|| |
- Government bonds,
- forming a joint venture
|Living requirement in Austria (YES/NO)|| |
|Residence or direct citizenship option|| |
Major contributions to the economy of Austria through investments
|Direct immigration with family members (YES/NO)|| |
|Family members allowed to join the program|| |
Children, parents, grandparents
|Residence visa/citizenship processing time (approx.)||Between 24 and 36 months|
|Additional financial requirements for family members (YES/NO)||Yes|
|Time frame for obtaining citizenship/residency by investment|| |
Minimum 5 years with permanent residence permit
|Dual citizenship permitted (YES/NO)|| |
|Reasons to choose Austria|| |
- multiple business opportunities,
- excellent standards of living,
- high quality education and healthcare
|Personal income tax rate||Ranges between 0% and 55%, depending on the incomes|
|Visa free travel to other countries (approx. number of countries)||Around 192|
How can I get citizenship in Austria in 2022?
- Authorities are demanding proof of a stable income in Austria. Bank statements are also sufficient.
- Applicants must show that they have a positive attitude towards Austria.
- A clean criminal record is needed.
- Knowledge of German language is required.
- Some standard forms will be filled in with personal data.
- Proof of domicile in Austria is required. Current bills are sufficient.
- A birth certificate and identity document (or passport) are required.
- Proof of payment of the citizenship application in Austria is required.
How to become a citizen of Austria by making investments
- Applicants must prove that they are active investors in Austria.
- Direct investment in a business in Austria is accepted.
- And in this case, the Austrian authorities demand a clean criminal record.
- A birth and marriage certificate, plus a valid passport are required for Austrian citizenship application.
- A resume containing business background information is also required by the authorities.
- References from other foreign investors or collaborators are also accepted.
- The key ministries of Austria are the institutions that analyze citizenship by investment in Austria for foreign applicants.
- There will also be a background check when processing the application.
- The family can also be part of the citizenship process in Austria by investment.
Other ways to become a citizen of Austria
- The population of Austria exceeds 8.9 million citizens, of which over 1.5 million are foreigners.
- Foreigners living in Austria represent about 17% of the total population, according to data for 2021.